Sunday, 29 December 2013

M1 The Crab Nebula or “Nearly Twenty Four hours with a DSLR”

I think I have finally finished my attempt at the crab nebula - Five long sessions with a total exposure time of 23 hours.  I have made several attempts at processing and think I may be somewhere near - but it has been a struggle!

Details:

Dates:

Jan 12th 2013  2 hours 55 min
Dec 4th 2013   3 hours 00 min
Dec 25th 2013  3 hours 45 min
Dec 27th 2013  6 hours 40 min
Dec 28th 2013  6 hours 40 min

Evostar ED120 APO, with reducer/flattener on an EQ6/EQMOD guided using PHD.  Modded Canon 1000D at ISO 800.

5min subs - a total of 276 making 23hours 00mins.  Processed in DSS and PS CS5.

The Full DSLR frame has been cropped to 2000px square.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7368/11632146924_91451fae21_o.jpg   - Click this link to see original full size, A reduced version is below: (Click to enlarge)

Picture saved with settings embedded.

Just the nebula full size – Click on the image:

Picture saved with settings embedded.

No comments:

Post a Comment